Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!



Happy Father's Day to the best Dad a girl could ask for! Thanks for all that you have done for me. I hope that your day is a great one!

Things I learned from my dad:
* How to make "Lahey cookies," which some argue are the best chocolate chip cookies around.
* How to drive a golf cart long before I was old enough to actually drive (and may I say that I was the daughter who did so without running into trees or people)
* How to be a good Braves fan - I loved watching games with Dad and still love our yearly trips to Turner field
* How to work hard - he always encouraged me with words and example how to work hard and always give it my best
* How to enjoy Christmastime - my dad loves the holidays, which are always filled with innumerable batches of cookies, many trips to the mall, and multiple viewings of It's a Wonderful Life and Miracle on 34th Street
* How to love Jesus - my parents always made sure that we were at church any time the doors were open while we were growing up, and I will always be grateful for that!

Thanks for all the things that you have taught me, Dad! I love you!

**Note: Dad tried to teach me numerous other useful skills, like how to bowl a strike, or how to swing a golf club, or how to make lists so that you don't forget things when you are packing, or how to keep a checkbook balanced. Unfortunately, a girl can't be good at everything...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cute :) we are quite the blessed ones.. it made dad's day!! and amen on those skills sets we just couldnt quite grasp-i dont think any of us got those. sa days!