Thursday, June 13, 2013

Cultivating Discipline: Thankfulness

My life is in serious need of some consistency and discipline.  In an effort to try to cultivate discipline, I want to try to write down something that I am thankful for each day for the next month.  Though I will be satisfied with myself to simply get these things jotted down in my journal each day, I thought that I would also try to record them here, in the good 'ole blog of mine.  I know that it has been over a year since I have written anything here, but I thought that maybe I would shake off the dust and maybe try to bring the blog back to life.  I am pretty sure my mom made a request for that not too long ago.  Since Momma doesn't ask me for much, maybe I will try to oblige.  As always, I make no promises...

Day 1: I am thankful for a day to rest.  I am thankful for space to be quiet and reflect.  For silence.  For a home that is comfortable and is in close proximity to good friends.  I am thankful for the Lord waking me up earlier that I normally would have and stirring my mind and thoughts toward quiet time and reflection, even after a very long day yesterday and few hours of sleep.  I am also thankful for a good cup of coffee out of my favorite mug.  ('Cause some times it's the little things that make me happy...)

No comments: