Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Another one of those nights...

You know the ones that I am referring to...

The ones where I am supposed to be packing to go out of town, but instead I am finding myself here on the computer or otherwise procrastinating the inevitable. It's a silly routine I play, really. As long as I can remember, I have always packed for trips at the last minute. (I think it runs in the genes.) The silly thing is that I know that it has to get done. The packing, I mean. But, for some reason, I just hate to do it. So, instead, I manage to come up with a number of different ways to waste time. That is, until I am exhausted and can barely keep my eyes open and decide that I should really just pack my bags and go to bed. At that point it takes me approximately 20 minutes to do the very thing that I have been putting off for hours. And then I go to bed. See?? I told you that it is a silly routine...

(In case you are wondering about my progress tonight, it is 1148 PM and I haven't done laundry or started packing anything, and the house is still a disaster. And I am not even really sure what time I fly out tomorrow. Silly - I know!)

Where are you going this time, you ask?? (O.K - maybe you didn't actually ask, but I will tell you anyway!) Are you ready for this? Tomorrow I am headed to the exotic city of...

...Omaha, Nebraska!

No, really. That's where I am headed. I am excited to get the chance to meet the Word Made Flesh friends who work in the U.S. office there. (For those of you who are really out of the loop - Word Made Flesh is the organization that I have been involved with in Peru. They are an amazing community of believers who serve some of the most vulnerable populations around the world.) I will be in Omaha hanging out with the WMF peeps on Thursday and Friday, and then I am going to rent a car and head up to the bustling metropolis of...

...Fargo, North Dakota!

It just keeps getting more exciting as we go! No really... I am super excited to get to spend a couple of days with my sister and brother-in-law. And get a Frappe at Fargo Coffee Company! Yay!

So, that's what I am up to for the next few days.

What about you?

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Some things will never change :) I think the fact that you never pack until the last minute is one of the things I love about you! I hope you are having a fabulous trip!