Sunday, January 24, 2010

Shout Outs

I have some amazingly talented friends. One of them is my roommate, Aimee. Aimee has been living with me since October, and I am thankful to have her here! One of the things that I love is getting to watch her use her talents to create beautiful things. She has an Etsy site where she has a few of her pieces of jewelry listed for sale. You should definitely check it out HERE!

I also want to let you guys know about a project that another one of my friends is working on. Hannah is a college student that I met down at the Midtown campus of the church I attend. She is a beautiful girl with a beautiful heart to serve others and serve the Lord. She and her mom have recently started to sell homemade granola. All profits from their sales will go toward supporting the grandmothers (called GoGos) in Swaziland, Africa. These women are taking care of their grandchildren and other children, many of whom are orphans due to the devastation that AIDS has caused in their country. Hannah's mom has traveled to Swaziland and seen firsthand the need that exists there. You can help her help these precious women by going HERE and ordering some yummy granola. Trust me - it's good! Hannah brought me some this morning, and it was delicious!

No comments: