Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Just for you, Mom

It seems that it's been a little while since I have updated. Apologies to the few of you who have been checking for new posts (especially you, Mom). And, since it's getting late and I am getting tired and have to wake up early in the morning, I should probably keep this short. So, I thought I would just give you a quick update on where I've been and what I have been up to...in picture form. (Please ignore the fact that the pictures aren't edited.) So, I guess I'll start where I left off...

Back in June (has it really been that long ago??), my friend AJ and I decided to head out west for a road trip. We had been planning to drive up to Niagara Falls, but at the last minute decided that flying out West and driving to the Grand Canyon sounded like even more fun. Then we decided to throw in Lake Tahoe and Yosemite, too. It was an amazing trip! I had very good intentions to post details about each part of the adventure, but, well...that hasn't happened yet. AJ, however, is a much more committed blogger and you can check out her posts about the Grand Canyon, Lake Tahoe, and Yosemite (and you can even read about the in-between here) if you'd like. Here are a few of the highlights:



















I got back in town in time to work a few shifts before heading to Asheville to celebrate AJ's birthday! Then it was off to Nebraska for a 10-day Word Made Flesh staff gathering. It was great to get to meet and spend time hearing stories from the North American staff from fields all over the world. It was also super exciting to get to see my friends from Lima again! Overall, it was a really encouraging time. I was thankful to be able to get away, listen to the Lord, and get to hear awesome stories about how the Kingdom is coming to the ends of the Earth from some of these folks:





I managed to fit in a few more (really long) shifts at the hospital before spending this past weekend with my friends AJ and Lauren in Chicago. AJ ran her first half marathon there on Sunday. She did an amazing job, finished with an amazing time, and earned the title of running rockstar in my mind. Before and after the running, we managed to eat lots of good food and have lots of fun in the city:






And that, friends and family, is why I have not had much opportunity to blog lately. Well, that and a decrepit computer that only comes on when it wants to (which is when the power cord is held into the back at the exact proper angle). But, I am excited to report that my new MacBook came in the mail today!! I am super excited about it! So, maybe that will give me a little more motivation to keep you updated a little more often. I make no promises...

3 comments:

Becky said...

Yay! Thanks for udating. I loved the pics from your trip. Now if I could just get Pam to update her blog......

Julie Tiemann said...

Thanks to Google reader, I can keep up with slacker, er, I mean less frequent bloggers. Hee hee. :) Glad you've had such a fun summer!

A.J. said...

I like all of these reasons that you have been too busy to blog. Having too much fun...yay for fun! Hey who is that turkey in the soaking wet clothes eating a popsicle?