Monday, August 30, 2010

Why I Love...

Sari Bari

It's been a while since I have written a "Why I Love..." post (and it may very well be a while before the next one comes), but I thought this was a good way to share with you about Sari Bari. Sari Bari is a ministry of the Word Made Flesh field in India. In Kolkata, the WMF staff serve women in the red light districts who have been exploited in the sex trade. Sari Bari offers their friends an opportunity for new life and employment in a way that seeks to restore dignity and promote freedom. The women are trained to bring new life to old saris by turning them into beautiful blankets, bags, and scarves. Each piece is marked with the name of a woman who now has the opportunity to choose freedom and new life for herself.

I love the Sari Bari products.

I love what they represent.

I love the name labels.

I love that name of Jesus is being proclaimed in the red light districts of Kolkata.

I love the staff that serve those precious women there.

I love my Sari Bari blanket and bag.






1 comment:

A.J. said...

Sari Bari....Sari Bari!!!!