Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thankful Thursday

"Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!" Psalm 118:1

"...give thanks in all circumstances..." 1 Thessalonians 5:18


I have much to be thankful for. I have been richly blessed, and I do not take time to give thanks often enough. SO...I thought that since it is THursday, which starts with the same letters as THanks, what better day to celebrate the things that I am thankful for this week!

So, here they are (in no particular order). I am so thankful for:

the Bible.
I am so quick to forget the Lord's faithfulness, even though He shows it to me over and over again in my own life. I am thankful that in those moments I can go to the Word and read the record of the ways that the Lord has been faithful for generations.

my community group.
The Lord has SO blessed me with a wonderful group of friends to walk through life with. They are HILARIOUS. I love laughing with them over dinner on Mondays nights. I also love that they love me and want to know my heart.

cilantro.
I love the flavor and the way that it can make a dish! It also reminds me of Peru.

Spring.
I love all of the new life that is blooming around me!

my family.
I love that my dad is changing people's lives through the work of the foundation, and that impacting others in that way has brought him so much joy. I also love his excitement about how the Lord is at work in it all. I love that my mom shows me faithfulness in her life. She is a faithful friend, a faithful wife, a (more than) faithful mom, a faithful choir member, a faithful servant to the Lord. I love that my older sister is an introverted actress who loves musical theater, has been known to do interpretive dance across the living room, and often talks with her hands. I love that she loves to laugh (often at herself). I love the way that the Lord has uniquely gifted her to love middle schoolers and to pour into their lives. I love the way that my younger sister makes me laugh, even when she is not trying. I love that she sings in the shower at the top of her lungs, and could care less who is listening. I love that she loves people so well, no matter who they are. I love the way that her heart breaks for many of the things that I think break God's heart, too. I love that my brother-in-law loves my sister so well. I love that he loves my family, too, and that he just fits right in. I love his passion and desire to share the love of Christ with the lost.

fruit and soy milk.
This Lenten season would be much less enjoyable without them.

my job.
I am thankful that I get to make a living doing something that I really enjoy. I am so blessed that I have work that provides me with enough to meet all of my needs and many of my wants.

What about you? What are you thankful for in your life right now?

"Praise the Lord! For it is good to sing praises to our God; for it is pleasant, and a song of praise is fitting." Psalm 147:1

No comments: