Sunday, November 15, 2009

Could Be Yours...

This coming Thursday I am having a little get-together at my house. It will be a good time of food and friends for sure, but it will hopefully also be a time for people to get to know a little more about my heart for Peru. I will also be selling a few handmade items to help to start raising money for my Peru support account. Here are some of the items:

(Click on the image for a better view)




Isn't this awesome?!? One of the fabulous girls that I work with made this for me to sell. It's a collection of "doodles" that are in the shape of the country of Peru. It is made up of a bunch of different words like, "poverty", "salt & light", "compassion", "sacrifice", and lots of others. I think it's a fun game to stare at it and see what new words I can find. The amazing thing to me is that Stacey didn't even outline the shape that she was going for. She just started doodling and just formed it into the shape of Peru as she went. Amazing!

Another friend from work, Kelly, made some earrings and bracelets. Here are a few of the earrings:





I have also been making some handmade cards to sell. While I was in Florida visiting my parents recently, my mom bought me some really cute Christmas paper. We made several cards together. Here are a few:






I also have some Christmas cards that were designed by some of the youth in Lima. These are from previous years that I have left over. Money from these cards would go directly to support the ministry in Lima.






All of these things could be yours! I would love for you to come and hang out with me on Thursday if you live in or around Atlanta. If not, and you are interested in any of these things, just let me know. I have lots more cards and also some scarves that I don't have pictures of yet. I think that I am just going to sell those things on a donation basis, so let me know if you are interested in anything!

(I apologize for the quality of the pictures and the poor lighting. I was in a hurry and my house doesn't have the best lighting for taking photos.)

No comments: