Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving, friends! I hope that you had a great day with your friends and families! I was supposed to work last night, so my Thanksgiving plans were up in the air until the last minute. My dad (who is the greatest!) drove up with plans to pick me up from work on Thursday morning to drive us home. I ended up getting to stay home on Wednesday night, so I met up with him at midnight and we shared the driving through the night to get into Jacksonville at about 6am. We decided at the last minute to stay home and do Thanksgiving in Jacksonville with just us this year, which we have never done before. It was a fun and very relaxing day! My sister woke me up as the Macy's parade started and we watched it until the end (something that we usually don't get to do) before getting dressed and ready to eat lunch. And lunch was fabulous! We had turkey, mashed potatoes, broccoli casserole (my favorite), corn casserole (I pass on this one), homemade buttermilk biscuits, and sweet tea. Yummy! Lots of props to my super fabulous Momma who made it all herself!


And then there was hummingbird cake (another favorite), gingerbread and pumpkin trifle, and cookies and cream (which we like to call "junk") for dessert. Let's just say that I should be full for a while. I am so glad that I was able to come home and be with my family! After lunch we all took a nap before I insisted that everyone get up and dressed for a couple of family photos in the backyard. (Most of us didn't bother with the shoes...)


We missed our Pam and Jeremy! My younger sister and brother-in-law live in North Dakota and were not able to make it home for the holiday this year. We saved them a place in a couple of our photos, though:



We spent the rest of the day relaxing over a game of Trivial Pursuit, a couple of Christmas movies, and Black Friday shopping strategizing. Speaking of shopping, I better head to bed! Those 5am deals are going to come early!

No comments: