Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Good Words

I was reading in 1 Peter 1 this morning, and was using a commentary by Jon Courson for some extra insight. I usually find that Courson has lots of good nuggets of truth, like these for example:

"You cannot change your heart, but you can change your mind. God can change your heart. He won't change your mind, but if you choose to change your mind, God will change your heart."

"It's not how we're doing or how we're feeling that matters. Whether we feel high or dry is irrelevant. It's the power of the Word that works."

I have been in a "dry" season for a while now, and I know that I need more of the Word in my life. I was encouraged in 1 Peter this morning through the basic truths in the passage:

* We have a living hope - Jesus (v3)
* We have a promised inheritance (v4)
* Trials may come to test the genuineness of our faith (v6-7)
* Set your hope on the coming of Christ (v13)
* Be obedient (v14)
* Live lives of holiness (v15)
* Jesus made the way for us to God (v19-21)
* Love one another well (v22)
* The Word of the Lord is forever (v25)

No comments: