Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Some Things...

Thing #1) It's been too long since my last post! Apologies to the few of you who read.

Thing #b) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I am a little late, but I do hope that you had a great time celebrating the holidays with friends and family! I spent Christmas day here at my house with my parents, Carla, and my roommate AJ. It was super-fun to have my family (most of them) at my house for Christmas. Then I went to Florida for a couple of days after to spend time with Pam and Jeremy and see the extended family. Photos to come. Eventually...

Thing #next) In case you haven't heard, it snowed in Atlanta. The whole city has been shut down for three days now. Seriously. Roads have been described as a "death trap." I find this to be a bit overdramatic, though it is true that the roads are icy and dangerous. I should know. I drove on them on Monday night on my way to sleep at the hospital. Yep, I officially participated in my first Code White at the hospital. I slept on a parent bed in an empty patient room on Monday night so that I would be there to work on Tuesday morning. Though I was glad to be back in my own bed on Tuesday night, I guess I can't complain too much about free food and being paid to sleep. All in all, it wasn't too bad, and I was able to make it back home last night. I was even able to make it up the driveway into the garage, thanks to my lovely roommate who shoveled our driveway! It just so happened that we had a snow shovel laying around our house (Thanks, Avivah!), and it came in handy. Who would have thought that a snow shovel would ever get any use in Atlanta?? Snow pictures to come, too. Eventually...

Thing #after that) A confession: I have become addicted to playing the game The Settlers of Catan. Seriously, I can't stop. I taught my family over the holidays, and now they are addicted, too. It's probably a good thing that we don't live closer, or we'd never get anything done! My roommate might wish that I had someone else to play with, though, so I would stop making her play with me at every opportunity!

Thing #last) I have already started thinking about my 30th birthday, which is coming up in April. I have never been one to get worked up about birthdays or getting older, but for some reason, I am not looking forward to turning 30. Maybe it's because I thought my life would look a little different at 30? Whatever the reason, I have been thinking about it, and have decided that I want to do something exciting for the occasion. Maybe hike the Incan Trail in Peru? Maybe visit somewhere I haven't been before? Let me know if you have any exciting ideas!

A post with pictures to come, I promise! You know, eventually...



1 comment:

Amanda said...

I too spent the night at the hospital this week, but unfortunately we didn't get paid for it! Greenville needs to take some lessons from Atlanta!

I know how you feel on the 30th birthday thing friend. I think we should finally take the trip to somewhere that we have been talking about for years.

Miss you!

Amanda