Friday, May 8, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Even though it is after midnight and technically not Thursday anymore, it is still Thursday to me and therefore not too late for a Thankful Thursday post. I read a good quote tonight by Jon Courson:

"The way to escape from the worm of negativity is to give thanks to God continually."

I have been feeling a little negative in my life lately, and this word encouraged me to remember that God has not changed, and my joy and ability to praise Him should not depend on my circumstances. I have so many reasons to praise the Lord, and doing so reminds me of His faithfulness and encourages my heart to trust Him more. So, tonight I am thanking Him for:

-the chance to enjoy His beautiful creation this weekend at camp. I love being in the midst of beautiful things, especially surrounded by mountains and trees. It was also just great to be able to get away from the city and have fun!


-my nap today! It was SO nice to catch up on a little bit of sleep!

-my friends who are faithful to enter into life with me and try to hold me accountable. I do not always make that easy, and I am thankful that they love me enough to keep pursuing me.

-the testimony of people around me of the ways that the Lord is so tangibly speaking into their lives. It encourages me to pursue Him all the more.

-a fun evening of picnic-ing and Frisbee with fun friends.

"Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!" Psalm 118:1

No comments: