Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today, I am thankful for the fun weekend that I was able to spend with my family this past weekend (see pics below). Pam and Jeremy (my sister and bro-in-law) are about to move to North Dakota to join another couple in church planting ministry there. So, while I am sad that they will be so far away (much harder to make a spontaneous weekend trip to Fargo...), I am excited for the new journey that the Lord is leading them on. It was great to be able to spend a few days all together as a family before they leave. The highlights for me were enjoying Pamela's lovely vocals at all hours of the day (but particularly harmonious from the shower), the beach and lake kayaking at Hanna Park on Monday, yummy Mother's Day lunch at Mimi's Cafe, and many games of Wii bowling and tennis. Speaking of the Wii, I'd like to make a public apology for making fun of my mom when she told me that she pulled a hamstring while bowling on the Wii. I must admit that I am a bit sore myself today...

No comments: