Thursday, May 6, 2010

Shout Out


This is my friend Lauren. As I have mentioned before, I think that she is pretty great. Lauren was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes last year. This fall, she and her husband Trey are planning to fight back against her disease by riding in a 72 mile bike ride around Lake Tahoe to raise money for diabetes research. They have started a blog to document the journey toward their goal. You should check it out! They are also having a huge garage sale next weekend to help raise money. If you live in the Atlanta area and have junk treasures that you would like to contribute, just let me know!

2 comments:

Julie Tiemann said...

How cool is that?! Did you know my hubby has type 1? And we LOVE Lake Tahoe. Your friend rocks - gotta check out the blog (just what I need - another blog to read ;) ).

Lauren Boden said...

Awww love you friend!