Saturday, January 26, 2008

Brokenhearted

Tonight I have a heavy heart.

Tonight I am broken for those that are suffering around me.

Tonight I am looking forward with expectation to the day when God will restore all things to the way that He intended from the beginning.

I wish that I could put into words the emotions that I am feeling tonight. Three times I have begun to type and then erased the words because I can't seem to express the thoughts that are running around in my mind. This week has been a very hard week. I have seen so much suffering that I am overwhelmed and can't help but let tears flow as an expression of that. I wonder if the Father is grieving, too? I wonder if God grieves alongside His children that are hurting, knowing that this broken world is so far from the way that He intended it at Creation.

Please pray for my friends. Pray for a family that has been battling cancer for 4 years. They are tired and weary. Please pray for the families of the three girls that died this week. Pray that they would know the peace and rest that can only come from the Lord.

This song that I love just came to mind:

All who are thirsty
And all who are weak
Come to the fountain
Dip your heart in the stream of life

Let the pain and the sorrow
Be washed away
In the waves of His mercy
As deep cries out to deep, we sing

Come, Lord Jesus, come
Come, Lord Jesus, come

Lord, I anxiously await Your coming. I long for restoration. I am thankful for a God who is Holy, yet hears the cries of His people. I am thankful that You are faithful even when we struggle to be. I am thankful that You are good and that we can hope in You.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy, I am right there with you. I'm on critical care right now, and I see so much suffering around me especially over the past few days. I've come home the past two days in tears because of things I have seen and heard. I too anxiously await the Lord's coming.
Love you friend!