Sunday, February 14, 2010

King of Wonders

As I drove home from church tonight, I was thinking about what I had just heard and the songs that I had just sung. (FYI - It was a great sermon tonight that you can watch here in the next day or two.) One of the songs that we sang was King of Wonders. As I sang, I couldn't help but think about the ways that the Lord is indeed the King of Wonders - the beauty of Creation, the incomprehensible vastness of the universe, the intricacy of how our bodies function, the miracle of new life...

One of the lines of the song is, "Your glory shines before our eyes, the more we see, the more we love You." The glory of the Lord certainly does shine before our eyes. All around us, Creation proclaims His glory. That was so evident this weekend through the beauty of the snow:



I love to experience His glory through sunrises and sunsets, which are also such a tangible reminder for me of His faithfulness:


The mountains speak of the majesty of the Lord:




His creativity is evident in the variety of flowers in the Spring, and the many colors of the Fall:




"King of Wonders, we stand amazed..."