Thursday, April 1, 2010

Top Ten Reasons...

...that April is going to be a better month than March:

1. Dare I say that it would be hard not to be??

2. Spring is here! Complete with blue skies, warm weather, and beautiful trees and flowers to enjoy!

3. I am only working a total of 8 shifts in the entire month of April! (Which includes 2 night shifts this weekend, 6 days the next 2 weeks, and then off from April 16-May 3rd!)

4. My birthday comes, along with my friend Lacey's birthday, my best friend Caroline and Mark's anniversary, and my sister Pam and Jeremy's anniversary. So many things to celebrate!

5. I will be commissioned as staff with Word Made Flesh at the end of the month. I am excited about this next step, and am anxious for all the details to come together to finally be able to move down to Peru. I still don't know exactly when that will be, and I welcome your prayers that my house would sell and that the day would come soon!

6. A roadtrip! My parents and I will be driving from here to Omaha for commissioning, and then likely up to Fargo to visit my sister and bro-in-law. I am so excited to get to see them again!

7. Have I mentioned that I have 2 weeks off from work?? Because I do!

8. The opportunity to celebrate Easter and the amazing gift that Jesus gave to us on the cross.

9. Easter dinner with some fun friends who are like family to me.

10. I declare it so!

2 comments:

Julie Tiemann said...

I'm with you - March was hard. This week in particular has been rough for us. Hoping April brings MUCH better things. It's my birth-month too!

A.J. said...

by my calculations, April has already been a much better month than March and it has only been 5 days!