Wednesday, August 26, 2009

daybook - august 26th

outside my window. . .
it's sunny outside, though I have yet to venture out and enjoy it...

I am listening to. . .
the hum of the ceiling fan on high above me in my room. i have been trying to use the AC sparingly this summer.

I am thinking. . .
that i am just about ready for the snot to cease its constant flow out of my nose. it's been almost a week already...

I am thankful. . .
for so many things in my life - an amazing family, a great job, my health (i'll take a runny nose any day compared to the things so many others have to endure) - i have much to be thankful for!

from the kitchen. . .
things are lacking in this department lately. i haven't been to the grocery since before i went to peru, which means that the options are very limited...

I am wearing. . .
Soffee shorts (from the high school days) and a white t-shirt. i am clearly not yet ready to face the day. (yes, i do realize that it is mid-afternoon.)

I am hoping. . .
that i am all better by tomorrow, because i am headed up to NC for camp courage in the morning!

I am creating. . .
i think i am going to try to make some coasters out of old magazines today. i was inspired by monica's many creative ideas...

I am praying. . .
for someone to come and buy my house!

around the house. . .
there are signs that i have spent much of the last few days in my bed. i did manage to pick up the large pile of tissues from the floor, though.

I am reading. . .
nothing at the moment, but i did read three whole books lately! i read The Sunflower on the plane on the way to peru, a book about the lost boys of sudan while i was in peru, and To Kill a Mockingbird since i have been home. that's pretty impressive for me!

one of my favorite things. . .
christmas time. i was finishing the winter holiday assignments for work last night, and it made me start thinking about the holidays. i can't wait until that time of year again!

a few plans for the rest of the week. . .
camp courage until sunday!

a picture thought I am sharing...

banana milk and a good book in lima - it doesn't get much better!

No comments: