Sunday, August 30, 2009

Life is a Highway...

The Rascal Flatts version of that song played on the radio on my way home from NC today, and now it's stuck in my head. It is kind of appropriate, though, since life has been a busy highway lately, and isn't going to calm down right away. In case you haven't been able to keep up, here's what's been going on:

On the 11th, I left for a quick trip to Peru. A few pictures can be found here. As always, it was a good time spent joining with the WMF community in ministry down there. I love those friends!

I got back on the 19th, worked on the 20th and 21st, and then spent the better part of the 22nd through the 24th sick in my bed. The views from there can be found here.

I worked on the 25th, and then had a day to kind of rest and catch up before heading off to Camp Courage this weekend. While I can't say much about it or post any pictures in this arena, I will say that it was both great fun and completely exhausting as I chased around the 6-9 year-olds. I will sleep well tonight, that's for sure! I will also say that one of the highlights was getting to play around on the crazy new high ropes course that they built at the camp. Here's the proof that I got up there and gave it a shot:


the harness is so flattering, i know...

I actually have a full week at work this week and next before heading out of town again on the 10th. More about that later...

I must admit that I have let all of this busy-ness lately catch up with me a bit. I have not taken much time to slow down and spend time with the Lord. I haven't taken much time to listen for His voice. Even when I was sick and forced to slow down, I didn't take advantage of that time to pursue the Lord and see what He might have been trying to speak into me. I want to change that in the coming weeks. Even though life is not going to slow down, I need to be intentional about slowing down and spending time with the Lord. I need to listen to Him. Especially in the coming weeks, as I will probably be making some pretty significant life decisions. I want and need for His voice to guide my steps. I welcome your prayers that I would be faithful to more earnestly pursue Him and listen for His voice in my life.

Life is a highway...

(Yep, it's still stuck in there.)

No comments: