Tuesday, April 10, 2012

31 years and a new blog beginning...

Yesterday, I turned 31 years old. Crazy! I can't believe that I am THAT old! But, alas, time keeps flying by...

I was thinking about that this morning, and decided that, while I can't slow down time, I can be more intentional about slowing myself down. I need to take more time to sit and think. Not just sit and read a FB status, but sit and reflect. To take time to enjoy life and not just let it pass flying by!

So, I thought that I would start here. By coming back to this blog and once again trying to use it as a place to share pictures and store memories, as well as to process and reflect. I make no guarantees that I will be consistent, but I will try!

To start, here are a few pictures from my fun day of birthday celebration yesterday:

The day started with yummy brunch with my roommate and best friend AJ at the Flying Biscuit:


Then we went to the Georgia Aquarium! I had never been, and was so excited to go! It was awesome - my favorites were definitely the dolphin show and the beluga whales.



After the aquarium, we stopped by Inman Perk for some delicious Jake's ice cream. Seriously the best ice cream in the world! If you live around here and haven't tried it, you should!!


After ice cream , we came back home and I laid in the hammock for a while on the front porch. That thing is paradise on a beautiful day!


The day was capped off by a surprise dinner with friends at Machu Picchu, a Peruvian restaurant here in Atlanta. I have been wanting to go there for a long while now, and it was great! The food was very authentic and yummy! It definitely made me think of the gente in Peru - I miss you guys! I was also, though, super thankful for my amazing friends here that love me so well, and made me feel very celebrated on my birthday!


If all of that weren't enough, we came back to the house for some Bruster's ice cream pie!! I definitely consumed my fair share of calories yesterday, but hey, your birthday only comes once a year, right?!?!

1 comment:

Julie Tiemann said...

What a fun (and yummy!) birthday! Happy 31!

(And welcome back to blogging!)