Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Weekend Mountain Retreat

I love the mountains.

My parents probably find this a bit ironic, since there was a time in my life when I refused to go. Silly child, I was... Now, I can't get enough. I love the peaceful, beautiful scenery. The trees. The sound of water flowing by. The beauty of waterfalls. I love it.

This weekend, I headed up to Blue Ridge in the Georgia mountains to get away for a night with AJ and Erin. We stayed in an amazing cabin there, and it was great! My only complaint was that I didn't want to leave! Here are a few pics from the weekend:

A view of the cabin from the back

The view from the cabin balcony

The river that flows right by the cabin!

Hiking faces

Mountain stream in Blue Ridge

I forget the name of this waterfall...

Last self-portrait before we left

No comments: