Monday, July 20, 2009

A Nurse's Daybook

I was reading my friend Monica's blog a while back, and I loved this idea of sharing life through a "daybook." She had actually stolen the idea from a friend of hers, so I am only perpetuating the borrowing of great ideas. That's OK, right?? Here goes:

outside my window. . .
I can't see anything. That's because I just got home from work and I haven't opened the blinds yet. But, now that I've fixed that problem, I can enjoy the beautiful blue sky and big puffy clouds with a hint of gray that are reigning over an unseasonably cooler-than-normal day. Not exactly cool, mind you, but I will take 82 degrees over 95 whenever I can get it.

I am listening to. . .
The hum of my refrigerator. That's all I can hear in my quiet house right now.

I am thinking. . .
about my sweet friend Sarah who has been sick down in Lima for a while now. I am praying that the Lord would allow the doctors to know exactly what is wrong so that they can treat it and she can get feeling better soon!

I am thankful. . .
that I only had to work 8 hours today. Short days are such a nice change of pace!

from the kitchen. . .
I am still working on finishing the Peruvian-style lentils that I made last week. That's the bad thing about cooking for one - I hate to waste things so I will just keep eating the same thing over and over until it's gone. That doesn't bother me too much, though...especially when there are yummy lentils involved. I also made some banana bread this week from some bananas that were a bit overripe. So yummy!

I am wearing. . .
My scrubs that I wore to work today, which are black pants and a white scrub top that has brightly colored flowers all over it. Thinking that I should probably get up and change clothes soon.

I am hoping. . .
that my sweet sister and brother-in-law find great jobs soon!

I am creating. . .
a list of ideas of things that I would love to create! But, not doing very much actual creating. I do have an entire bag of yarn in my garage that is just begging to be turned into something creative...

I am praying. . .
that the Lord would be very present in the midst of my small group tonight, that He would speak and that we would be an encouragement to one another in that time. I am also praying for my friend Lacey and the team that she is with in Jordan - that the Lord is ordaining many moments for them to share Truth with the people that they come in contact with, and that lives might be changed because they were faithful to be obedient to God's call on their lives. And that He would bring them home safely - I miss that girl!

around the house. . .
There are odds and ends of things that I need to get done - clean out my shower drain (ew), clean out the garage, clean out the refrigerator before the trash comes tomorrow... yeah, mostly a lot of cleaning.

I am reading. . .
Simple Spirituality by Chris Heuertz, the director of Word Made Flesh. I am also reading the newest issue of The Cry that showed up in my mailbox today. Yay :-)

one of my favorite things. . .
Seeing smiles and hearing laughter from the faces of the little ones that I take care of at work. They go through so much, and I love it when the regular kid comes out in a giggle during a game of peek-a-boo like it did today.

a few plans for the rest of the week. . .
Knock out the rest of my To-Do list, enjoy some breakfast for dinner tonight at the Boden house (LOVE it!), enjoy some good time with my friend Aimee who is coming over to spend a few nights and keep me company for a little while, maybe take a quick trip down to FL (no promises, family - just a thought)

a picture thought I am sharing...


Lord, thanks for giving us the sunrise as an example of Your great faithfulness.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I love your blogs Amy!