Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Tired Nurse's Daybook

outside my window. . .
it's nearly pitch black and rainy. Every now and then I can see a flash of lightning.

I am listening to. . .
the sound of the TV in the background. Tuned in to FOX, of course. For the So You Think You Can Dance results show. Duh...

I am thinking. . .
that I want some more edamame hummus and crackers. So yummy!

I am thankful. . .
to have an amazing job that I love, especially in the midst of a tough economy. Today I came home with a beautiful piece of art created just for me by one of my favorite 7-year-olds at the hospital. Who can beat that?!?

from the kitchen. . .
it's hard to have any kitchen creations when you haven't been to the grocery store in... let's just say it's been a little while. But, you can bet that when I go there will be some fish tacos on the menu like the ones that Erin and I made at her house the other day! Grilled mahi, cabbage shreds, avocado, tomato, and a "special sauce" - so YUMMY!

I am wearing. . .
my scrubs that I wore to work today. Yeah, I should go change clothes...

I am hoping. . .
that my computer battery lasts through the end of this post. (It's not looking good.)

I am creating. . .
umm - still need to work on this one. But, I would love to create some cute homemade cards to send to some fun friends.

I am praying. . .
that the Lord sends complete healing for my sweet friend, Sarah.

around the house. . .
It's pretty darn clean! I went on a quick little rampage before I left town last weekend, and I haven't been back long enough to mess it up!

I am reading. . .
Simple Spirituality (still). I also came back from FL with a new novel to read. Don't remember what it's called, though...

one of my favorite things. . .
this week is edamame hummus. I may have mentioned that one already... And dark chocolate covered espresso beans. Can you tell that I really like to eat??

a few plans for the rest of the week. . .
work day shift tomorrow and then a 16-hour night shift on Saturday night. I was feeling ambitious (or something like that...) when I signed up for that one... Hopefully I will get to hang out with Lacey on Saturday morning before work.

a picture thought I am sharing...

Meet my kitty, Bella. He doesn't live with me anymore. He happily rules my parents' house in FL, and I saw him this week while I was there. He loves people and loves to be right in the middle of whatever you are doing. He also likes to shed his hair all over the place, and lay on the floor like a frog (above.) He is quite the smarty-pants and knows how to open all of the doors in my parents house. He has been known to open the door to outside and let the other animals out while staying inside to have the whole house to himself.

No comments: